I spend an unhealthy amount of time on Picnik, so I probably broke it and that is why they are closing it. Seriously, I am practially married to it, and am not going to take the divorce and separation well! They are closing the doors in April but until then all premium content is freeeeeeeee.
So...get down there and solar system portrait yourself with gay abandon! I recently caught a DIY of this on a blog, and had a go. I have added a few more examples of the steps needed to make it happen.
1. Take a picture of yourself against a white or very light background, in good strong light.
2. Upload the picture to Picnik.
3. Go to basic edits and adjust the exposure and contrast until you get it nice and dark, crop it too if you need to (you want just the liht background showing).
4. Change it to B&W.
5. Go to the 'seasonal' tab at the top, and pick 'Final Shuttle Launch'
6. Have a play with the settings in 'Space Textures'.
Try some other pictures. A different pose creates a different narrative:
Fun fun fun!
Do you use Picnik?
Which programs do you use to play with photos, I love to discover new ones.
Love, me x