Saturday 7 August 2010

♥ Getting freaky with fabric ♥











For the last few days I have been up to some lovely sewing. I have some very very tired, over-loved seat cushions for my dining chairs, and as an Artist and Textiles teacher I felt ashamed to look at them...time to take action, it has taken me ages to get around to it (as it does with everthing on the periphery), but I have made a start.
I was inspired by my curtains which I rescued from Oxfam one sunny day in Boscombe (Bournemouth, UK for those of you that haven't the foggiest where that is, it is otherwise known as Bosvegas!) The curtains are this lovely Indian print on turquiose. They are actually made from two bed sheets, and the pillow covers have become part of my quilted seat cover tops (above), see if you can spot it?
My pan is to make 4 seat cushion things, and 6 place-mats, all with some of the Indian fabric. If I have any left I may do napkins...or something else.
My favorite is the one with pink and gold embroidered saree fabric in it. My lovely lovely friend Laura gave that to me before she flew back to Thailand last week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...